Game Summaries & Headlines.
South Forsyth War Eagles Varsity Defeats Milton 2-0
- Landon didn't allow a single run as South Forsyth defeated Milton 2-0 on Monday. The pitching was strong on both sides. Sims struck out five, while hurlers for Milton sat down four.
- War Eagles captured the lead in the first inning. Bradley Prince, Jr. led off with a double and scored on a single by Grant Pearce after Max Schmal moved Prince, Jr. over to third on a groundout to first base.
- The War Eagles added an insurance run in the 7th when Grant Gerberding lead off with a hard ground ball single off the pitcher and moved to second on the throw that went out of play. A double steal and error eventually scored Gerberding, giving the War Eagles a 2-0 lead.
- Sims earned the win for South. He went seven innings, allowing zero runs, four hits, striking out five, and walking one. Iannone took the loss for Milton. He tossed six and two-thirds innings, allowing two runs, nine hits, and striking out four.
- War Eagles collected nine hits. Prince, Jr., Gerberding, Graczyk and Sims all had two hits to lead the War Eagles. South didn't commit a single error in the field.